Thursday, May 7, 2015

Kale Salad

My friend made this delicious kale salad for us one night.  Kale does fabulously in my garden so it's nice to have some good recipes to use it. (I always half it.)

Ingredients;
1 large bunch of raw, rinsed, stemmed and chopped kale (yields about 6 cups)
1/2 cup canola oil (I have used vegetable oil)
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (I’ve used white vinegar)
1/2 cup orange juice
1/8 cup soy sauce
1 tsp minced onions (in lieu of shallots)
1 tsp ground ginger
1 handful craisins or dried cranberries
1 handful roasted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds) (I’ve used sunflower seed kernels)
1 handful chopped or slivered almonds (roasted or raw) (optional)
pinch of salt & pepper
1/2 tsp salt
Optional: slivers of candied ginger to taste (I don’t like it, but it’s in the original salad)
Directions;
Mix all of the ingredients except for the cranberries and seeds together in bowl with a whisk until well combined. Pour on top of kale and mix well until all leaves coated. Sprinkle on the cranberries, almonds and pepitas. Let salad sit for at least 1 hour in the fridge so that kale softens up a bit. Best if eaten the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your ideas! Leave me a comment!