Thursday, March 26, 2009

Frito Pie

Our family loves Frito Pie, which is essentially chili with cheese and fritos. My boys eat bowls upon bowls of this! You can use any chili recipe but I like this one that I got from my Mom.

1 lb groud beef
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 c green pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can Ranch style beans
1 can black beans (or about 1 c made from dry beans)
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 8 oz tomato sauce (or substitute 1 can tomato soup)
2-3 t chili powder
1-2 t cumin
dash of hot sauce
Brown beef and onions in frying pan. Then combine all ingredients in crockpot or large pot and let simmer for several hours. Top with cheddar cheese and fritos!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, this is what we're having for dinner tonight. THANKS, TARA! I was just thinking it would be a good "crock pot day" because it's all cold and drizzly outside. And now I have the perfect recipe. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your ideas! Leave me a comment!