Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Family Tradition: End of the Year Award Ceremony

We had our end-of-the-school-year celebration and awards ceremony on Monday night for Family Home Evening.  This is a new tradition we're starting.  My husband and I picked out 6 things about each of our son that they have accomplished or done in the past year.  Some of them were funny and some were more serious.  Then I had fun finding little things to go with each of them.  Our boys loved it!!  They were so excited to find out what their awards were.  Some of our awards were:  Torpedo Award (fast swimmer on swim team and I got some torpedo toys to play with in the pool), Hardworking Speller (smarties), Bookworm Award (gummy worms), Best Giggle (Laffy Taffy), Musician Award (play recorder), Best Pet Owner Award (swedish fish- we have a fish), etc.  The Dollar Store comes in really handy for these kinds of things!




Then we enjoyed these graduation cupcakes. (I snagged the plain cupcakes from Walmart for 40% off and added a Reeses, cut up Hersheys and Twizzler)en we enjoyed these graduation cupcakes. (I snagged the plain cupcakes from Walmart for 40% off and added a Reeses, cut up Hersheys and Twizzler).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your ideas! Leave me a comment!